In this document, you'll learn how you can contribute to Medusa by translating the Medusa admin.
The Medusa admin supports multiple languages, with the default being English. To ensure a wide support for different languages, your contribution by translating to other languages you're fluent in is highly appreciated.
This type of contribution is a no-code contribution, meaning you don't need advanced technical skills to contribute.
How to Contribute Translation
1. Clone the Medusa monorepository to your local machine:
If you already have it cloned, make sure to pull the latest changes from the
2. Create a branch that will be used to open the pull request later:
<LANGUAGE> is your language name. For example,
3. Create a new directory under
packages/admin-ui/ui/public/locales with its name being the ISO 2 character code of your language. For example,
da. In the new directory, create the file
4. Copy the content of the English translation file located at
packages/admin-ui/ui/public/locales/en/translation.json and paste it in your new
5. In the file, leave the key names as-is, and only translate the values.
6. Next, you need to add the new language into the multi-language configurations. To do that, go to the file
packages/admin-ui/ui/src/i18n/index.ts, add the new language to the
supportedLanguages array as an object. The object accepts two properties:
locale for the ISO 2 character code, and
name for the name of the language. The name of the language should be the translated name, not the English name. For example:
8. Once you're done, push the changes into your branch and open a pull request on GitHub.