Contribute by Translating Admin
In this document, you'll learn how you can contribute to Medusa by translating the Medusa admin.
The Medusa admin supports multiple languages, with the default being English. To ensure a wide support for different languages, your contribution by translating to other languages you're fluent in is highly appreciated.
This type of contribution is a no-code contribution, meaning you don't need advanced technical skills to contribute.
How to Contribute Translation
1. Clone the Medusa monorepository to your local machine:
If you already have it cloned, make sure to pull the latest changes from the
2. Create a branch that will be used to open the pull request later:
<LANGUAGE> is your language name. For example,
3. Create a new directory under
packages/admin-ui/ui/public/locales with its name being the ISO 2 character code of your language. For example,
da. In the new directory, create the file
4. Copy the content of the English translation file located at
packages/admin-ui/ui/public/locales/en/translation.json and paste it in your new
5. In the file, leave the key names as-is, and only translate the values.
6. Next, you need to add the new language into the multi-language configurations. To do that, go to the file
packages/admin-ui/ui/src/i18n/index.ts, add the new language to the
supportedLanguages array as an object. The object accepts two properties:
locale for the ISO 2 character code, and
name for the name of the language. The name of the language should be the translated name, not the English name. For example:
8. Once you're done, push the changes into your branch and open a pull request on GitHub.